The Subway Argument

|
Grocery shopping is a necessity for everything but food. Like of course you need shampoo, so go to Jewel and get on that. But if you’re making sandwiches, let someone else make it for you. Otherwise, you have to eat like 5 turkey sandwiches that week to make up for all the bread and deli meat you buy and it costs you more and they’re not as good as Subway anyway.

Cooking is a skill that I can tap into when I need to (don’t laugh), but I actually save money when I only get staples (metaphorically, the essentials, not the office supply) at the grocery store, like milk, eggs, and fabric softener. Otherwise it becomes this huge time/energy/money suck I can just do without. Unfortunately, the process of grocery shopping is actually something I really enjoy.

In short, I am going to stop buying, like, pasta noodles and never cooking them. But everything else will stay the same.

0 comments: